When it jumps and attacks it stays in the air?
TrueState - Finite State Machine for GMS2
TrueState is a robust finite state machine to help you organize and control even the most complex of objects. From something as simple as a door that can be open and closed, to the most complex action platforming hero, anything is possible with TrueState!
- 16 Scripts for creating, switching, and queuing states
- Single script to control both step and draw events
- Run specific code on the first frame of a new state
- Know how long you've been in a state
- Easily switch to the previous state
- State History (useful for debugging)
- Setup attack combos and special abilities easier than ever
- Pure GML implementation ensures compatibility on all platforms!
- Included comprehensive manual and quick start guide! (Download below for free)
- Plus all the benefits of using a Finite State Machine in the first place, like more organized code and easier debugging
Demo Project Features
The demo includes two small projects: a simple top down action RPG and a complex action platformer. A comprehensive manual, including a quickstart guide is also available to get you up and running as fast as possible.
Top Down Example
2 Characters, 1 gate, 1 chest.
11 different states
Art created by @GrogDev you are free to use in your own game!
Action Platformer Example
1 Character, 15 states
States include: running, jumping, 3 hit ground combo, 3 hit air combo, wall slide and kick
Character art created by Rvos - https://rvros.itch.io/
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: